The philosophy of the Cretan Diet has always relied on ingredient seasonality, freshness and limited processing of all raw materials.
At Porto Veneziano, we embrace this philosophy in order to offer ingredients and flavors of high nutritional value, inextricably linked to the famous gastronomical heritage of the region.
Some of the Cretan diet's integral components are extra virgin olive oil, local dairy produce and fresh fruit & vegetables.
At our certified "Greek Breakfast" buffet, you can indulge on a variety of options including:
- Freshly squeezed orange juice, from local oranges
- Superb local cheese and charcuterie platters, including gruyere, goat & sheep's cheese
- Homemade & local pastries (bread, muffins, cakes, cookies, rusks )
- Homemade pies
- Fried & scrambled eggs, as well as a selection of omelets
- traditional sheep's yoghurt and strained cow ,
- Cretan thyme honey,
- Local jams and spoon sweets ( quince , cherry , orange , etc.)
Be sure to try the local Cretan infusions (dittany , malotira , sage ) and Greek coffee as well as the Cretan refreshing cinnamon drink and fresh milk.
You can browse our full Greek Breakfast menu here
Part of our philosophy is to invest on the capabilities and produce of local producers and, with the help of our experienced kitchen staff, we strive to offer a culinary journey in Crete from the very first meal of the day.