Covid-19 Information update
As the new covid-19 pandemic is ongoing, affecting the lives of people around the world, we have made the Health and Safety of our Guests and Staff our top priority.
According to Greek Government Regulations, we have suspended the operation of Porto Veneziano from the end of March till the end of May, as part of the preventive measures for the restriction of the risk of coronavirus spreading.
During this time, some of us continue to work from home in order to be in contact with our guests and others work at the hotel in order to carry out the necessary maintenance and ensure that the equipment and facilities of Porto Veneziano are safe and fulfil the necessary quality standards.
At the same time, our thoughts are with the people around the world who have been ill with the virus, but also with the staff of all hospitals that were on the front line and fought hard against coronavirus and against time to take care of all patients who were fighting for their lives. We are grateful and applaud them warmly.
Today we are getting ready for the next day. For the day that people will get their lives back in slow but steady steps.
Cancellation policy and new bookings
Under these circumstances, we would like to thank you for your preference in Porto Veneziano and inform you about the new flexible cancellation policy during this period.
If you have already made a reservation in our hotel before May having pre-paid the total amount or a part of your booking and you wish to cancel your trip due to covid-19, you can freely request:
• To refund you the total amount of the deposit or
• To keep the deposit for a future reservation until 31/12/2021, since our prices per period will not change till the end of 2021.
If you have made a reservation in our hotel through third parties (online booking channels, travel agencies, etc.), contact them and inform them about your decision.
If you wish to make a reservation directly with our hotel, no deposit is needed and furthermore you can cancel it at no cost up to 48 hours before your arrival.
Health and Safety
Meanwhile in Porto Veneziano, we put our best efforts to provide our guests with excellent Hygiene and Safety standards and to work in accordance with the Government's regulations and the protocols of the World Health Organization and the Greek Health Organization, so that:
• To welcome you to a safe environment with new contactless check-in / out procedures.
• To use equipment and cleaning - disinfection materials adapted to the current conditions and in such a way that we can effectively deal with the virus in our hotel.
• To train our staff to use protective equipment, to handle proper and approved materials, to apply certified procedures and protocols, to take additional measures suggested by the Health Institutions for cleaning - disinfection and management of the Reception, the Restaurant, the Bar and of course the Rooms, the Public Areas, the Laundry and the premises of our Staff.
• To configure properly our restaurant and arrange the tables on the sea front and in our patio at the necessary and imposed by the new rules distances.
• To offer our certified with the mark of Greek Breakfast à la carte breakfast menu, with all the HACCP rules, without missing anything from your favourite handmade Cretan delicacies, which you enjoyed until now in buffet style.
We wish from the bottom of our hearts:
• To end as soon as possible this suffering of humanity.
• To win this crucial battle for our lives,
• To protect ourselves and our loved ones.
Our hotel will be ready to host you again from the 1st of June, as summer holidays this year will be more important and necessary than any other year!
Until then, we remain safe and we look forward to welcoming you to beautiful Chania!
The Management and Staff of Porto Veneziano!